1/14/17

What to expect and collect in 2017?

It has been interesting weeks so far. For some reason, this starting of the year collection has been pretty tight and right. At least for entertainment side, watching The Great Wall has been somewhat quite entertaining - sure the reviews are not great, but I still entertained watching it on theater. TV series - well, Sherlock season 4 definitely helps. Entering the third and final week of the season next week, TV series is looking quite nice so far.

I want to talk besides work and study - so let's just head straight to the COLLECTION stuff. I'm talking action figures, die-cast cars, plastic models, statues, comic books, et cetera. I personally have something on mind this year.

Last year is pretty much dominated by Marvel universe and Star Wars universe action figures. At least I thought it was. Looking back 2016, starting with Deadpool on early 2016, followed by Captain America Civil War and X-Men by summer, and closed with Rogue One: A Star Wars story. So, I'm pretty sure that merchandising at least for Q3 and Q4 are dwindling on sales.

Maybe it is or it is not - what I'm pretty sure is that 2016 peaked on summer and it has been pretty downhill from there. I personally am not eager with the Rogue One, as I have perceived it with skepticism and thought that the Rogue One thing is just another one of Disney campaign on milking the Star Wars universe merchandise.

I love Star Wars, and I'm a sucker for their merchandises - but looking at Rogue One and how they releasing the Stormtrooper design and AT-AT walker, plus some new characters, I just thought that it seems pretty much if I started to collect it all AGAIN. And since I have a new project to start this year, I instead looked for something valuable to collect during that Rogue One campaign, and ends up only collecting K2SO. There are some story when I hunt for K2SO figure, which started as buying the Lego K2SO figure - but then I have to sell it, since it doesn't really reflects my joy when I purchase it. Personally, looking at the Lego K2SO figure doesn't really show the uniqueness of K2SO slender figure. It just looks like a tall figure. Instead I found the Black Series one, and sell my Lego to buy the Hasbro version - and I'm pretty happy with that choice.

In anyway, it started to get me thinking that this year I have to be more wise on purchasing what I wanted to collect. So this year, I'm focusing my collection to one particular series. It may not be the best, but I wanted to collect it - and in the end, collections are meant to satisfy your curiosity of the item. So - what to collect this year? I particularly have one series in mind - and I guess it is sync with what to release in movies by this summer :) I will reveal it later - I still need some researching to do, and I hope you will find it intriguing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment