8/7/15

Play Arts Kai - DC Variant The Flash


So I just wanted to share my thoughts about one of my collection here. I haven't been long ago to start collecting action figures again - I used to collect when I was in high school before I have to sell them all long time ago. And one time, I have been long into knowing the manufactures of any toy figures or statue, I saw this unique model of the Flash by Play Arts Kai - Square Enix. Of course at that time I don't even know what Play Arts Kai is, but Square Enix, DC, and the Flash - that's what finally intrigues me.

I passed by this toy figure about a year and a half ago when I was attending toys fair in Jakarta. I have been a fan of the Flash - but ever since DC start cancelling their comics back in 2000's, it's getting hard to keep up with the collection back then, so I start just putting all my old collection into boxes. As my wife only let me to have one shelf on my book cupboard to be placed with anything other than books, I start putting my Flash collection again on that shelf. And this figure is actually the first item to be placed there.

I purchased this one back then for about 40-50 bucks, which is kind of an okay bargain for me - since the same amount can also purchase console games. The thing about this is that even though you only put it on the stand - you kind of get to see how fast the Flash is. The team in Square Enix really knew how to shape the scarlet speedster.

The Flash is all about speed force, and this figure really know how to make the Flash seems like acquiring the persona of delivering it. I really like how they shapes the armor, the mask, the shoes, and everything else. For putting it on the shelf, it really does stands out.

This figure stands about 24-30 cm. It also comes with some accessories such as lightning for the head, the hand, and around the waist. There's also replaceable hands in both arms with open palm or closed one. It also provided with one figure stand (but it requires some kind of constructing it, so I rather buy a third party one where it hold the figure on the crotch).

Of all the good things I can see on this figure, I still noticed some minor things on this figure. First - the ear piece is easily broken apart. At one point I actually broken one of the ear piece and I had to use plastic model cement to hold it back together again. The next part is the joint - especially the one on its hands are easily noticeable being a black round ball between the forearm and biceps. Although the joint works for many kind of pose - but the one on the arms are the ones really bugging me. Lastly, the waist is really loose. Being separated from the leg and the torso is a good thing, but as you hold the figure - the waist part is really loose to hold, and creates an unsettling feeling for it.

Still - this figure looks amazing. The detailed sculpture is unique, and the coloring brings a perfect balance for it. I have been put this figure on the shelf from the first day I bought it and haven't been bored looking at it. This figure have some great dynamic pose you can think about - and with the help of double jointed knee, posing the Flash in running position (his speed signature pose) is probably the only thing you can think about posing this figure.

Square Enix brings the best of the Flash in this variant form, but still including the Flash's signature into it. This is a great collection figure - at least for me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment