1/31/16

A journey to publishing a paper... for my master degree

As I am writing this, I am faced with 3 notebooks that all runs on different OS, 2 CISCO routers, 1 CISCO switch, several LAN cables, 1 Network Area Storage, 2 Raspberry Pi's (type A and type B), 1 Intel Galileo, a Gopro camera, one DSLR camera, 2 Mikrotik Routers type RJH750 (I think), and several bunch of tools and gadgets that I not yet adapted to use.

Why all of this? It's quite easy - I need to publish a paper, especially on electrical engineering specified on computer network configuration related as a thesis for a paper on my last term of master degree. The reason I am writing this is not as for boasting or bragging - in fact it is the EXACT OPPOSITE of that.

The start of my final term will begin in a few weeks. To do that, I should be ready to present any idea of what I wanted to apply with the research methodological from the course of what I am studying, and summarize to a conclusion. This, by the way, ideally should've been thought from the beginning of my study for this degree, which is roughly one and a half year ago.

Along the course I learned quite a lot, and each pretty much on the surface of things. For the depth, I should've study myself. Instead, I have been seduced by the finance rewarded work that makes me forgot the purpose of taking this study.

This been going on, and now I am actually been facing with the consequences of my own action in the past. In near future, I should've presented something that at least direct me to the kind of research of what I might being interested in.

This is depressing, but along the course I've heard lots of promising words such as "Big Data", "Network Security", "Internet of Everything", "Long Term Evolution Multi Cast", etc, etc - but until now, I haven't got any slightest idea of how connecting all those threads. One general idea of at least converging into one particular study that I could took the summary of all of it.

At least I have some things working on - a free and widely use software such as Wireshark, NS-2, NS-3, R statistics... but even so, it's nothing yet to be able to pull any strings on it.

The first thing I should've done is study any paper that has been released up until now and stick to one research that I am interested in. I have making a hard copy prints of several journals from various trusted sources and summed up into this 12 rims of paper front and back for me to check and study.

And it has been printed since 2 weeks ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment